Fradulent Amazon Order Email

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Interesting little story. I received an email to my inbox for an Amazon order I did not place. It looked like a legit order with all the links going back to Amazon.com. The only problem was the first name was wrong in the email. When I checked the To: line of the email it had gone To: my username+something@gmail.com which delivers to me, but a "criminal" had somehow been allowed to associate it with their amazon account. I checked my acocunt and did not see the order listed there (whew!) and I quickly had Amazon call me via the orders section of my Amazon account. They let me know that the fraudulent account had already been suspended and was being investigated. I removed some of the information from the screen shot below to protect the ongoing investigation. The person who handled my call was knowledgeable and professional. Nice work amazon, thanks for being all over it!

Fradulent Amazon Order.JPG

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Boom! Someone won't be stealing new shoes for Christmas! :yay:

Hello from Amazon.

We've cancelled your recent Amazon.com order, #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx, because we were unable to charge your credit card.

If you have questions about declined credit card payments, please review the information below.

WHY DID MY CARD DECLINE?

We are unable to determine why your credit card was declined. A charge can be declined for a variety of reasons, some of which may not be related to the validity of the credit card. For this reason, we often try processing the charge again at a later time.

You may want to contact your card issuer. Some issuers may place restrictions on electronic and Internet purchases.