Firefox Problems

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by mzsfjv, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mzsfjv

mzsfjv New Email

When I click on "new" in my Yahoo mail to try to write an e-mail, the following message appears in the body of the e-mail and I cannot type anything: Sorry, restricted access. D�sol�, acc�s restreint. ===================================================== -Keyword

This only happens with Firefox and I just updated FF in the hopes this would fix the problem; however, the problem persists. No problem using IE or Safari. Any ideas?? Thanks.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Do you have a security related plugin installed in your firefox?

Are your security settings set higher than normal in Firefox?

Have you recently made any changes to your anti-virus or PC firewall?

Have you recently run a spyware detection program such as spybot or malwarebytes?

If you use Firefox from a different computer do you still have the problem?

Here is a list of more general troubleshooting steps that can help resolve conflicts between your computer and Yahoo :

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...nts-connection-problems-browser-timeouts.html

3. mzsfjv

mzsfjv New Email

Thanks for your suggestions, Popowich. As a last resort I uninstalled FF and did a fresh install. No more problems. Must have had something hang during the last update to FF. Why do we try all of the hard stuff first and leave the easy stuff to last????? Thanks again for the tought starters.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.