Entourage Error 5552

I have a Mac w/Entourage. When I send an email with a Quicktime attachment, it gives me the error 5552 with the message that my email box is full. I have cleaned out every folder and emptied the trash, but still can't email these attachments. Please help. I was sending to only one person and would appreciate any info you can get for me. My provider is Earthlink.

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Is it possible that the attachment you are sending is too big (over the size limit) that is set by your e-mail provider? It also seems that you can receive this error if you are sending the e-mail to too many people at the same time.

Error 5452 or Error 5552 (when sending out mass e-mails)
Too Many Recipients
This error is being passed on by your mail server, because your mail provider has a limit to how many recipients you can send to in one message. Entourage has no limit. You should contact your mail provider to ascertain the maximum number of recipients per message and note it. You can use the free "Split Recipients" script to send a mass e-mail in separate mailings automatically:

Who is your e-mail provider? I may be able to look up the limits online, otherwise if you give them a call and ask them for the maximum amount of people you can send an e-mail to at the same time, and also what the maximum size of an e-mail is, you should be able to quickly figure out how to get around the problem.

Some alternatives to sending a large e-mail attachment are to compress the quicktime file into a zip file, or to post it on a web page and send people the link where they can download the quicktime file from your web site.

-Raymond