Email Self Destruct

Discussion in 'SCRYPTmail' started by popowich, May 16, 2015.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Sergei,

Any thoughts around self destructing email?

How about an option that allows SCRYPTmail users to click a "self destruct" box that will cause the email to be deleted on the recipients end X seconds after opening?"

2. SCRYPTmail

SCRYPTmail Email Service Provider

There are set of features users can vote to be implemented, we can add this one for vote. Although I think, we won't be able to stop copy email or even take a screenshot

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

There are some texting apps that warn the sender if the recipient takes a screen shot.

Of course that doesn't help if you use a separate camera to take a picture of a monitor or smart phone screen.

4. SCRYPTmail

SCRYPTmail Email Service Provider

Our main goal is to make our service user friendly as possible, we can't replace snapchat, and I believe disabling copy text or reply to for such specific emails may anger people. With email in mind I think will be more beneficial to delete before recipient can read it (if you change your mind) or schedule delivery

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    popowich likes this.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.