email messages that won't stay in spam

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by cindyco70, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cindyco70

cindyco70 New Email

I am having trouble when I put certain email sites in my spam...they simply reappear the next day. I tried contacting them and requesting to be taken from their email lists, but instead was barraged with more spam. How can I get rid of this stuff?
    Soccer America Daily socceramericadaily@socceramerica.com is the most tenatious of these, but getting some from ulla popken as well.
    Cindy

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Cindy,

Which email program or email provider are you using to read your email? The directions are a little different depending on how you receive and read your email.

Do not try to unsubscribe from email unless it's from a reputable source. For example unsubscribing from a CNN newsletter should be OK, but unsubscribing from an unsolicited spam confirms to the spammers that your email address exists resulting in them sending you more spam and selling your email address to other spammers.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

3. cindyco70

cindyco70 New Email

Sorry for the delayed response. Ironically, your reply did go to spam. I'm using Mozilla Foxfire most of the time, and yahoo mail. Occasionally I also use internet explorer.

Cindy

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.