eM Client Review

Discussion in 'Email Program Setup and Configuration' started by popowich, Oct 24, 2013.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Does anyone use the eM Client mail program?

I gave it a try but moved on after a few minutes.

The server auto discovery takes several minutes before failing when trying to configure a personal domain instead of a big free email service provider account.

I'm also not a fan of the company wanting $50 to "unlock" the ability to configure more than a couple accounts.

I'm not sure what the value of the support part of that pro purchase offers either.

My ThunderBird works fine, for free :)

Anyways, if anyone wants to add more to this and make it more of a review I'd be interested in seeing more feedback.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. foggy

foggy Valued Member

Oct 23, 2010
    I remember trying out the eM Client when it first came out and thought it had potential (to be a free Outlook-like client) but wasn't too impressed -- and I was happy enough with my email set-up at the time anyway.

I decided to try it again recently (during the summer) just to have a quick look and see what progress had been made. I recall noticing some general improvement (i.e. some more features/options and less buggy-ness), but still not being drawn to it away from my other on and off line clients. Honestly, though, my examination this time around was so cursory -- the first one wasn't too in-depth either -- that I really can't name any specifics. It worked. It was okay. But it wasn't an "Outlook killer."

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.