E-mailing webpages from e-bay, amazon, etc.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Email4info, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Email4info

Email4info New Email

I have always sent e-mails to specific pages on ebay to look at items later. Now most of the time when I do it (using Firefox or Chrome), the link I receive in my Inbox (Microsoft Outlook) no longer works. I get an error message that the item is no longer listed (although if I do a search the item will still be on e-bay). Now I find a similar problem happens when I am looking at a product on Amazon or some other sites. I don't know what has changed, but I really miss being able to do this. Can anyone help?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

What process are you using to send the email?

A toolbar? Clicking a mailto: link in the web pages?

Copy & paste from your web browsers URL bar into Outlook and sending to yourself that

Sending yourself a link should work, I just need the exist process that you're using to try and figure out what's going wrong.

Can you paste into a reply here an Amazon link before mailing it to yourself and the link that arrives in your Outlook?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

3. Email4info

Email4info New Email

Usually I click on File in Firefox and then "Email link". I just tried to send e-mails this way and also by opening a New Mail Message in Outlook and copying the URL. I e-mailed the same e-bay page twice - neither way worked. Then I tried a product page at Amazon and it worked both ways. The last time I had a problem at Amazon, I had done the "File" and "Email link".

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Do both of your web browsers use your Outlook at the default mail program for sending those links, or are they sending with a different program then read with Microsoft Outlook? Is an Outlook security preference sometimes concealing the links? Can you take a screen shot and attach it to a reply of what you see in Outlook when it's not working?

5. Email4info

Email4info New Email

E-mails are sent using Outlook. After your post, I tried sending a link to this page and got a message "Page not found". I had sent several links from different webpages today and they worked fine. However, after reading your post I decided to change the e-mail account from which they were sent (I have two different e-mails that I can use from Outlook). When I changed the "sending address" the pages and links worked fine, so that solves the problem. Although why I just started having this problem with e-bay, I have no idea. I have made no changes recently in my e-mail accounts - I've been sending everything the same way I've always done.
    Anyway, at least now I know I can change e-mail account and send directly from Firefox, so thanks for that!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.