E-mail Loops

Mr Green

New Email
Hello All,
I am trying to set up a chian of automatic email responses and make an email loop. I basiclly want to create maybe 10 new email addressess and have them send the "sent" email to the next email. Down the chain I want the last email address to send to the email to the first email address so the chain can start again.

I know that most try to rid themselves of email loops, however I am trying to create one. I am considering buying a laptop just to act as an email server just for this purpose.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to do this?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Mr Green,

Do you have an email server? If this is a learning experiment you could install Linux on an old PC or laptop and use it to learn how to create a mail server and then create your forwarding loops. Please let us know after you get started and if you have any more questions.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Mr Green

New Email
Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I am planning to do. I have been stalking laptops on ebay these past couple of days just to buy one for this purpose. My research has shown me that Linux (ubuntu, red hat enterprise, etc) is the way to go here.

I will post my results.