Disposable email deletion policy

uioqwe

New Email
Sorry, I meant the actual email address, not the emails under the address. To be more specific, say I've got the disposable foo@scryptmail.com. If I delete the address because I'm done, is it open to be used by someone else?

uioqwe

New Email
Have you considered the idea that this could allow a user to hijack previously-existing communications by registering a "deleted" (previously-used) address? Proton's policy is "We do not recycle usernames, which means the same username will be not available in the future" [1], which completely eradicates this issue.

[1]: How to delete your account - ProtonMail Support

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
Have you considered the idea that this could allow a user to hijack previously-existing communications by registering a "deleted" (previously-used) address? Proton's policy is "We do not recycle usernames, which means the same username will be not available in the future" [1], which completely eradicates this issue.

[1]: How to delete your account - ProtonMail Support
Well, I can only praise such approach, however with free signups you will deplete pool of good email addresses very quick, and leave potential paid users with something more encrypted and less user friendly like john123@sc.. I come from the point, if user decided to delete certain address, he either not interested in receiving email from it, which essentially not important to him or its was just come and go account. In any case, 6 month seems like good retention policy for such things, and allow users who decide to stick with us claim a good email address.