Disappearing Sent Email

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by ChrisMohrSr, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ChrisMohrSr

ChrisMohrSr New Email

One day, all of a sudden all of my sent emails disappeared from my sent email folder. Now they disappear usually at the end of each day. How can I get my sent emails back? Or, are they lost forever?

2. blenheimfire

blenheimfire Valued Member

Chris

I need more information to help you.

1.What email do you use.
    2. Do you use an e-mail client? If yes what one? (outlook,windows live mail etc)

Once I have this information we can look into why this is happening and if the messages that are missing can be recovered.

Thanks
    :hammer:

3. Anissa

Anissa New Email

Hi
    I too am having this problem. Can't see any of my sent emails..
    I'm using Outlook, formerly Hotmail

Thanks

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Anissa,

These are the directions to turn on saving a copy of sent mail in Outlook.com:

http://www.emailquestions.com/outlook-com/8700-automatically-save-sent-mail-outlook-com.html

If your settings were unexpectedly changed that's a sign that you account has been hacked. I recommend changing your password, turning on 2-step login verification, and checking your other acocunt information including email forwarding, message filters, etc to make sure a backdoor wasn't left in place to help the spammer hack your account again:

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...uthentication-login-verification-hotmail.html

5. Anissa

Anissa New Email

Thank you very much! Well appreciated.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.