Converting Thunderbird e-mails to standard documents

trader

Valued Member
Greetings
Does anyone know of any software that will convert Thunderbird e-mails from their electronic format (or whatever it is) to a standard document format so that they can be copied or moved from one source to another using, for example, Windows Explorer or Laplink?

Best regards
Trader

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: Converting e-mails to standard documents

Hi Trader,

I did a little research today and the best free program that I found was IMAPSize. I downloaded the stable 0.3.6 version in zip format. With this program I could connect to my email account and make a backup of it to my local hard drive. Each email from my account was converted into an individual .eml file on my hard drive. The .eml files can be opened by many email programs including outlook. IMAPSize has several other features too.

The only drawback to IMAPSize is that it can not work with local Thunderbird files if you are using POP3 and have already downloaded all of your email to your computer. You could always resend it to your email account and use IMAPSize. If that's not an option, there is a pay for Thunderbird Converter that claims it can convert your email into doc and other text formats. I did not download this program since it's not free and can't recommend one way or the other if it would probably work for you.

-Raymond

trader

Valued Member
Re: Converting e-mails to standard documents

Greetings Raymond

It's good to hear from you again. All the e-mails I'm trying to convert have been downloaded but I can look into the commercial product. I'll contact them and see what they have to say.
Raymond, I'm tremendously grateful to you for all the help you have given me. I got completely lost trying to work with the profile method and what little hair I had left is just a memory now.

Best regards
Trader