'configure microsoft outlook for checking free email

john033

New Email
I sent an email to Popowich indicating i had problems regarding the procedure his return email indicated some of the mistakes i could have made and it seems he is probably right. I replied but it might have been sent as a private message. I thought i had posted the same info on this forum but i can't find it,probably user error. What i would like to know is if i make the following changes to the Outlook Express portion does it have a chance to fly:
Step 6 Insert: jwmeyer4002@sbcglobal.net
Step 8 Insert: pop.mail.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
Step 9 insert: smtp.mail.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
step 11 Insert: jwmeyer4002
My email service was with AT&T and at some point Yahoo got into the act. I didn't change anything it just happened.
My email address is jwmeyer4002@sbcglobal.net
i haven't tried the ypops part yet. One procedure at a time

john033

New Email
Not yet having some major problems with an audio data base program. Will get on it and let you know the outcome as soon as i fix my other problems

john033

New Email
Decided to try setting up OutLook Express. Everything seemed to be go ok and i closed out and reopened Outlook sign in dialog came up with email address and password already filled in. Title of log on box is "log on - Plus.Pop.Mail.Yahoo. I canceled that and an internet security warning dialog came up with "server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified, continue yes/no"
Thinking i may have made an error i went thru the set up again and got the same results. Except now i have to identical set up's
I also tried the trouble shooting procedure and got as far as double clicking on "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" when i did this nothing happened.
Can you give me some idea on what i can try next.