comcast host cannot be found

Discussion in 'Email Service Support Forums' started by kim501, Nov 28, 2008.

1. kim501

kim501 New Email

whenever i try to send an email from a site, it says the host, comacast, cannot be found. i have no clue what im doing. please help.:confused:

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Kim,

Can you please copy and paste the entire error message as a reply to this thread?

Is it an bounce message that you get back in your e-mail, or a popup box error when you try to send a new e-mail?

I will be able to give you the best answer for the problem if we can see the exact error message.

Also, how are you trying to send the e-mail (comcast webmail or a program on your computer) and the name of the program you are using, for example, Microsoft Outlook.

Thank you,

-Raymond

3. kim501

kim501 New Email

The host 'comcast' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'how's business?', Account: 'comcast', Server: 'comcast', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

It sounds like you entered the wrong outgoing mail server (SMTP) server name in your e-mail account settings.

In your e-mail program, check your server settings, and replace comcast with smtp.comcast.net.

In Outlook Express you can use screen shots from our how to leave a copy of messages on the server guide, but go to the Servers tab instead of the Advanced tab and check the SMTP outgoing mail server setting on that page.

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.