changes format of email docx file attachment

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by tiha, Dec 15, 2009.

1. tiha

tiha New Email

Dec 15, 2009
    hai everyone, i have a big problem that i have not face before.My problem started with when i try to open my email attachment.when i'm click the attachment, it appear a box message that contain option open, save and cancel. i click at open then it appear another box message with a weird contain, that box contain that attachment's name but different file type ; compressed file.while the actual type of file is docx.

while i have been try to solve the problem with changing the of setting window outlook mail to unblock the unsecure message the above problem still happen.

then , i try to open another computer , i got to open the attchment.So now i want to ask everyone if you had this kind of experience or any suggestion to solve my problem.This is emergency and i really need to solve this problem.:hammer:

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008

The docx file type is a newer version of the Microsoft Office word doc type.

It sounds like the first computer has an old Microsoft Office or no office at all, and the second computer has a recent version of Microsoft Office.

If I am correct about the first computer you can install Open Office to get support for reading and creating docx and other office file formats.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.