cannot control cursor on yahoo email

Discussion in 'Yahoo Mail' started by sandyherbener, Feb 19, 2009.

1. sandyherbener

sandyherbener New Email

Hi,

I did have a two-part problem--not sure if they are related or not. Any help would be great!

The first part was that I was not able to type anything in the subject line for outgoing emails; I've got that fixed by adding yahoo to the list of compatability programs, as the trouble seemed to be with internet explorer 8.

However, I am still unable to move the cursor with my mouse anywhere in the body of my message; either composing a new one, or adding to a forward. I have to use the directional arrows. I cannot highlight any particular word or line either.

I click somewhere in a sentence, and the cursor jumps to the bottom of the page.

Any suggestions?

2. yukon

yukon Valued Member

first suggestion is to try a different browser. This will either confirm or deny your suspicion of whether or not IE8 is the issue.

I personally prefer firefox, however I have heard good things about google's new chrome browser as well.

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

4. sandyherbener

sandyherbener New Email

I'm not sure my husband will go for changing the browser---he's heard of problems associated with firefox. Can you enlighten me?

5. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

I would not have any concern about trying out Firefox.

If you are curious 55% of the visitors to Email Questions use Internet Explorer and 35% use Firefox.

-Raymond

6. sandyherbener

sandyherbener New Email

Raymond; okay, finally downloaded Firefox, and all seems to be good!

Thanks again,
    Sandy:yay:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.