Best way to mass mail about my product

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Maxter, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Maxter

Maxter New Email

Just joined the forum yesterday and finding it really good!

I have a question related to mass mailing:

I have a valuable product which I would like to pitch to people through email. I will not be spamming anyone at all because the product actually saves them heaps of money if they use the information that I give. I expect almost everyone to buy - who wouldn't like to save money on what they spend so much money on!

The question is - I have an email database of my prospective customers. Now how do I send a mass mail to them introducing my product and explaining the benefits. I do know that if I send emails for a bunch of people through email providers like Gmail and Hotmail I will either lose my account or the email won't reach the recipients.

So what is the best way to go about it - if there is a free method that is good but I don't mind spending some money.

I also have email hosting through GoDaddy but I think it is just the same as having a free mail account as far as sending mass mails goes.

Inputs will be greatly appreciated!

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

3. Maxter

Maxter New Email

I do have GR but I don't think it will work for my campaign. I need an alternative which will give me more control. Besides I have an external list.

I have my own VPS. What are the steps to have an email mass mailer built on a VPS. Do I have to use SMTP relays, rotating IP/proxy etc etc. And then what about deliver ability and confirmations of in-boxing?

Actually there's a ton of software and all kinds of information. I am looking for a simple solution with what I have (a VPS) to start off with say 1k mass mails per day and then increase it gradually.

I know of SMTP.com. Is that a one-stop solution for my campaign?

Shall appreciate all suggestions...

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Reputation and feedback are important.

I do not recommend tossing some random mass mailer software found on a web page somewhere onto a server and using it for bulk mailing. That most likely will lead to many problems and headaches, blacklistings, and eventually a ruined reputation and list of subscribers.

For those that are comfortable with their own servers I recommend Amazon SES as a platform where you can build a Linux instance and send out using the SES service which many email providers are aware of and providing feedback against.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.