Automatically forward email and/or receive notification of new email

Discussion in 'SCRYPTmail' started by popowich, May 17, 2015.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

I see there is a feature request listed called "Email Notification (When Received From Third Server Only)"

Would it be possible to expand on this and allow forward or forward+copy all email, perhaps even based on message filter rules?

I'm thinking of users that would be using SCRYPTmail as a secondary private account but use another service such as Gmail as their primary email address.

Also, if the service does start sending different types of email, I'd do what you can to separate them across different IP addresses for different types of email. For example, email notifications from SCRYPTmail (announcements, payment confirmations, etc) vs. new email notifications vs forwarded email, etc.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Rockman

Rockman Valued Member

I think there should be a feature enabled or disabled by the user, similar to Protonmail, that sends an alert to a 3rd party email if new email is received every 24 hours.
    Forward and forward+copy defeat the purpose of having a SCRYPTmail account in the first place. However, I think the forwarding feature would be appropriate if the user is migrating away from the service. Gives the user a "way out" in any event.

3. SCRYPTmail

SCRYPTmail Email Service Provider

Hm. I can see value in forwarding, but don't you think is sort of defeat our statement, of server knowing who is recipient? Its not argument, but If this what people demand, then yes. I can see people enabling this features if they not so worry disclosing relations. Let me add this to feature list

4. Rockman

Rockman Valued Member

I agree. Stack rank this feature at the bottom of your big feature list for now. ;)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.