attach a download

Discussion in 'Yahoo Mail' started by catbert, Dec 13, 2014.

1. catbert

catbert New Email

it used to be when I clicked on the attachment icon when writing e-mail, I could attach downloads just by clicking on them under the big downward arrow icon. now it wants a link and I don't know how. I right clicked and it even had a pull down menu with Copy Link on it but it didn't copy. any help would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

2. THERESA

THERESA Customer Service Staff Member

Are you talking about links or pics/files? I am including a screenshot to show how to attach a pic/file. You select the paperclip and then select the file you want to attach. (you can click the image below to enlarge it if needed)

Attached Files:

3. catbert

catbert New Email

hi. yes, that's the way mine used to work but now when I click on the attachment icon it puts up a screen with 2 blank boxes reading

Display Text and under that Edit Link and the link wants an http address. I clicked on what I wanted to attach and it even has a pulldown menu with Copy Link, so I thought I was saved but there was no link to copy since it was a vid someone had sent me. I swear I get weirder e-mail problems than other people, including my BF who has not a clue as to "what I did to it" ;-)

4. catbert

catbert New Email

I am a COMPLETE idiot. so sorry. finally realized I was clicking on the link icon, not the paper clip. I thought I knew that one basic thing but give me to icons that look similar and apparently it's too much for me. thanks again.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.