(ask) trouble with .mac acc , blackberry & outlook

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook' started by pumpkins, May 5, 2009.

1. pumpkins

pumpkins Valued Member

i have a dot MAC account email and im doing fine using it at my microsoft outlook 2003 , suddenly (all i can remember) after im using blackberry im having trouble sending my email from microsoft outlook (from blackberry or dot mac webmail no problem) but receiving no problem. i dont change any setting lately.
    the error report i always get is:
    Task 'pop.mac.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.1 <xxx@mac.com>... Unwanted contents of the HELO command'

Please help.
    cause i cannot contact apple or dot MAC account.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Pop server names typically are not also used for sending email.

Is it possible you typed pop.mac.com where smtp.mac.com should be in your mail server settings?

Also, I believe the correct incoming mail server for mac.com is mail.mac.com

-Raymond

3. pumpkins

pumpkins Valued Member

Hi Popowich
    thanks for the answer
    but i never change the setting , it works before (before i used blackberry it was i remember)

my setting:
    incoming mail server (pop3) : mail.mac.com
    outgoing mail server (smtp) : smtp.melsa.net.id (melsa is our internet provider)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.