AOL Mailbox not available due to temporary maintenance

Discussion in 'AOL' started by popowich, Aug 8, 2009.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Are you receiving the following error?

Mailbox not available due to temporary maintenance

While your regular access to your AOL email is not available, try loogging into http://webmail.aol.com

-Raymond

2. abigail1

abigail1 New Email

Today is December 26, 2009 and I am currently receiving exactly that error. And it's not possible to get e-mail from AOL Mail: Simple, Free, Fun, either. I've tried deleting cookies, emptying cache and history, rebooting, signing out and signing in, and using a different browser. I've tried using Basic and Standard webmail. I still get the same response!
    Please help!

3. popowich

Hello,

Did your email start working again? How many days was it down?

Here are some general troubleshooting steps that might help if you still can not access your email account :

http://www.emailquestions.com/aol/1533-troubleshoot-aol-email-account-problems.html

If all else fails you can always try calling AOL customer service :

http://www.emailquestions.com/aol/500-what-aol-customer-service-phone-number.html

Good luck, and please let us know which solution worked best to fix your problem!

-Raymond :thanks:

4. abigail1

abigail1 New Email

Thanks - but actually I did all that. None of the info on the AOL web site was helpful. AOL told me they can't help - I had to call Compuserve, which I did (after Compuserve had initially told me that I had to call AOL, of course). As it turned out, there was nothing at all to be done: Compuserve had a server problem. of course, the proper thing to do would have been to post an announcement on their web site (and AOL to have done the same), which would have saved a lot of people a lot of frustration, but maybe that's just too easy.

It's working now.

5. RobinLS

RobinLS New Email

I am also getting the following error when I try to access my AOL account.

Scheduled Maintenance
    We’re currently at work on an important maintenance update for mail. This shouldn’t take long, and your account will be available shortly.
    Please try logging in again in a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience!

- The Mail Product team
    The Technical Stuff: C0FE1810
    Report ID: 30422-mail-20101116-145409

Please help! I rely on this email for business!!

6. popowich

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.