Acronis backup of Live Mail

Discussion in 'Windows Live Mail' started by Pierro, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pierro

Pierro New Email

When I backup my email with Acronis I get a "last backup failed" error message and with the aid of Acronis support narrowed the problem down to the fact that the folder in my data files containing my messages has a different name to the folder name Acronis is nominating to backup from. ie the folder name in my Live Mail Data is called clara.co ( p933 and that being asked for in Acronis is clara.co (peter.picthall4d) which is my true email address. I think the solution is to completely remove Live Mail including all the data files associated with it and re-create my email account with clara. However before I do that I need to back up my contacts and messages. When I do this my backup file contains the odd folder clara.co.(p 933 which does contain all my messages and message folders. I have no idea where this comes from but it certainly looks odd. Can anybody out there help with being able to save me messages and contacts and then a total deletion of Live Mail and a complete clean rebuild using the same email address etc with clara and then re-establishing my folders and contacts please.:eek::confused:

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

What version of Windows are you using? I'll see if I can duplicate this problem.

3. Pierro

Pierro New Email

Thank you for responding so quickly Popowich. Windows 7 home premium. I also ended up with another problem. I could not get my live mail to go on line, it remained off line no matter what I did. After contacting MS (no use as they do not support Live Mail except by accessing the web for tech help such as this) I eventually found a site which suggested I reset Internet Explorer ..............which I dont use at all. This worked and I am now back with email again. Am considering uninstalling IE as it seems to be the source of at least this problem. What do you think??
    Peter

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.