A weird problem with "@"

Bellzemos

New Email
Hi!

This problem is not computer dependant as I've tried it on a couple of computers and is not account dependant (I've opened a new Yahoo Mail account just to test it and it's the same).

So, since some time ago when I log into Yahoo Mail and want to compose a new email, when I'm typing in the recipient's email address this happens:

Yahoo mail info.png

So what happens is this: I write i, n, f, o and @. And after the "@" the line gets that weird red outlining and I am unable to continue writing down the desired email address. So the @ sign basically breaks the whole thing.

For now I'm writing down email addresses in the email "Body" and then copying them as whole into the "To:" to be able to send mails. Has anyone any clue what this is all about and how to fix it?

Here's more info on the problem as I've already asked about it on another forum:
Yahoo Mail - A Weird Problem - Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications

Thank you!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Bellzemos,

I can't reproduce this problem on any of my computers.

Please start by trying these troubleshooting steps:

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...nts-connection-problems-browser-timeouts.html

I'm mostly interested in the results of upgrading your flash plugin, your web browser, doing a FileHippo scan and related updates, and the clearing your web browser cache types of steps.

What O/S and web browser versions were you using before the updates?

Please let us know if any of those updates help to fix the problem.

:welcome: to Email Questions!