Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Thanked 640 Times in 602 Posts
How do I change the server timeouts in Microsoft Outlook?
Do you have a pop3 account that frequently ties out due to connection problems? One of the troubleshooting steps that you can try is to increase the mail server timeouts from 1 minute to a longer time such as 10 minutes. To change your server timeouts please follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the Tools menu and select Email Accounts
- Select View or Change Existing Email Accounts and press the Next button
- Highlight the POP3 account having the and click the Change button
- Click the More Settings button.
- Select the Advanced Tab
- Scroll the server timeouts bar to the right
- Click OK to save the change.