Sunday, September 4th, 2011
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Thanked 635 Times in 597 Posts
Re: How to forward an email from gmail
I wanted to forward my entire inbox and realized it's easier to check the box next to each email before clicking More -> Filter messages like these.
A variation on the directions above :
- Click the check box next to each email that you want to forward
- Go to the More menu and select Filter Messages Like These
- The needed filter details will already be filled in. Click Next Step.
- Click the check boxes for Forward it to and Also apply filter to before clicking the Create Filter button
If this forward process is only needed one time when you are done you may want to go to your mail settings and remove the filter that was used to forward the emails.
- Go to the top right of your Gmail, click the Gear, and select Mail Settings
- Click the Filters tab and then you can click delete located on the right side of each filter rule as needed.
If you have a lot of filters it's also a good time to double check your rules for old unneeded rules that can be removed too.